Detective Lieutenant Robert Chinchar - Commanding Officer
The Traffic Division handles all traffic related incidents such as motor vehicle accidents, parking enforcement, and traffic control. The division also proactively monitors traffic safety through regular checkpoints for speed enforcement, DWI, and seat belt enforcement. The officers also coordinate the annual Click-It Or Ticket safety campaign which is a national program designed to enforce and educate motorists on the use of seat belts.
The Division coordinates road closures for construction, road repair, emergency situations, and special events such as parades and funerals.
In addition the Taffic Division is responsible for:
- Monitoring traffic flow and parking during school arrivals and dismissals
- Supervising the school crossing guards
- Conducting bicycle patrols throughout town
- Processing Motor Vehicle Collision reports
- Issuing Resident Parking Permits
- Serving as backup to the Patrol Division whenever necessary
The Traffic Division also provides safety services for the youth in our town. They process bicycle registrations and conduct an annual Bicycle Safety Day. This program teaches youngsters basic traffic rules and safety procedures to ensure that they ride safely. Officers also inspect and help parents install child safety seats in their vehicles.
For more information please contact the Traffic Division at (201) 440-0042.